Checklist pre surgery Anterior cruciate ligament.
The overview below is a checklist to support you in your preparation for anterior cruciate ligament surgery.
- The knee can fully extend (bucket handle exception)
- The knee can fully flex (>120 degrees)
- Minimal swelling.
- Strength training done.
- Muscle strength less than 20% difference.
- Biodex test strength test (optional)
Pre ok conversation:
- Learning to walk with crutches.
- Climbing stairs with crutches.
- Discuss with your physical therapist:
- The first week after surgery.
- Living rules
- Homework exercises.
- The Surgery
- End goals rehabilitation
- Optimal surgery date scheduled.
- Work appointments made (sick leave).
- School and/or study arrangements made.
- Any (important) events discussed.
- Any vacation travel plans discussed with your doctor/physiotherapist
- Wheelchair (optional)
- Transportation between home and physical therapy
- Made appointment with physical therapist (knee specialist) after surgery.
- Check your insurance to avoid being surprised with additional charges.
Your doctor and/or physical therapist will discuss with you your personal situation.